Either mechanical engineers or students always get hassle in remembering bundles of formulas and laws to apply them for different projects. Why not download the user-friendly and comprehensive mechanical engineering apps to help you in instant precise calculation? So right here recommended Top 5 FREE Android apps to empower mechanical engineers or learners in their education as well as career application. We pick the best based on top rated, most downloaded apps by experienced engineers.
1. Mechanical Engineering Toolbox
This program is designed to help you in daily mechanical engineering problems that you may encounter.
It is not only prepared for the mechanical engineers, but also for naval architects, civil engineers, HVAC engineers, electrical engineers and for all engineers that use some common unit conversions and math.
It has a very simple user interface for you to be able to use in the field.
It is selected among the Top Ten Productivity Applications for Engineers by the www.engineerjobs.com.
For now the program has the following modules:
- Unit Conversion in 74 unit types, more than 1000 units
- ISO Fits and Tolerances Calculation according to ISO 286-2
- Hardness Conversion between 22 hardness types according to ASTM E140
- Material Properties of 74 commonly used materials (more will be added)
- Trigonometric Calculations
- Beam Load Calculation of 19 different loading conditions
- Torque-Power Conversion
- Steel Bolt Specs.
- Bolt Torque Calculation
- Pipe Sizes
- Electrical Power Calculator
Simple application explaining mechanical animations for the purpose of education and learning.
1. Geneva Drive
2. Wankel Cycle
3. Radial Engine
4. 4 Stroke Engine
5. Boxer Engine
6. Slider Crank Motion
7. Hooke’s Joint
9. Walschaerts valve gear
3. Mechanical Terms
This mechanical glossary offers definitions for terms which are commonly used in mechanics and mechanical engineering.
This is a list of Mechanical terms, including laboratory tools and equipment.
Alphabetical arrangements of each word for easy search.
Each word gives you proper definition / description.
4. Mechanical Engineering Mag
Mechanical Engineering magazine is the award-winning monthly flagship publication of ASME. Published since 1880, the magazine, and this app, deliver an interdisciplinary view of engineering trends and breakthroughs, giving readers a roadmap to understand today’s technology and tomorrow’s innovations.
– Current and past issues of Mechanical Engineering magazine.
– Brilliant replica format, just like the print edition.
– Text-formatted articles designed for maximum mobile readability.
– Download each issue and return any time for offline reading.
– Search the archive of available issues.
– Bookmark your favorite articles.
– Share your comments with other readers.
Mechanical Engineering magazine is published by ASME (www.asme.org), founded as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers in 1880. ASME promotes the art, science and practice of multidisciplinary engineering and allied sciences around the globe.
5. Mechanical Calculator
Mechanical Calculator is a fully featured calculator which provides calculation in the area of Mechanical. Calculate various properties of Mechanical related values using this simple utility tool.
Mechanical Calculator includes the following features:
1) Deflection of hollow rectangular beams
2) Deflection of solid rectangular beams
3) Deflection of solid round beams
4) Gallons per hour Fuel
5) Potential Flight Time
6) Post Trip Fuel
7) Push pull Hydraulic
8) Square tube center